Tile and Grout Floor Care Guide
Daily Maintenance of Tile and Grout
1. Sweep or vacuum your floor to remove any dust or loose soil
2. Mist the floor with a neutral cleaner and allow it to dwell for about 30-60 seconds.
3. Buff the floor dry with a flat microfiber mop (similar to a Swiffer). The area should dry within 60 seconds after buffing.
4. Replace microfiber mop pad when it gets dirty or overly saturated.
- Vacuum your floor frequently to remove loose dirt and dust.
- Frequently clean high traffic areas with a neutral cleaner and microfiber mop, switching pads when they get overly damp or dirty.
- Clean up pet urine and spills right away. Always blot up any liquid then clean the area with Easy Oxy and a soft bristle brush and towel/rag.
- Put doormats or runners near exterior door to catch as much dirt as possible. Regularly have these cleaned.
- Use a soft bristle brush to clean stubborn areas. (similar to a toothbrush)
- Keep exterior entry points clean of dirt, leaves and other soils.
- Make sure cleaner is a rinseless cleaner.
- Avoid using vinegar, bleach, or ammonia to clean grout. These will break down the grout over time causing it to crack, deteriorate or cause holes, all which can allow dirt and stains to get deep below the surface and cause permanent discoloration or damage.
- Avoid over-wetting floors causing puddling. Water can pick up dirt and roll into the grout lines where it pulls the dirt deep into the grout’s pores.
- Don’t use metal brushes on grout. Metal brushes can abrade grout lines and can discolor grout lines.
- Don’t use mop n glow or spray polish products.
Tile Maintenance Recommendations
- Having your grout sealed with a penetrating sealer or color seal is recommended and will help keep dirt and stains closer to the surface. This gives cleaners the best chance to remove these contaminants.
- It is recommended that grout be resealed every 1-3 years. This is most important in the high traffic areas and areas that are most likely to be exposed to spills
- To keep your tile and grout looking it’s best and to minimize the chance of permanent staining we recommend that most households have their floor cleaned every 12 months. For households with large pets, multiple smaller pets or multiple kids under the age of 14, a bi-annual or cleaning every 6 months may be best.
Don’t settle for less.
We stand behind our work. Our reputation demands it.
Have a question?
Our friendly floor and surface care experts are ready to discuss your needs and answer any questions you may have.
Call our support at (936) 856-8610 or send us a message.
TESTIMONIALS AND REVIEWS
Debbi M., Magnolia, TX
We just moved in and Beyond Clean Tile got our tile looking like we were moving into a new house. We added an additional service which involved replacing caulking in shower – again, making it look new. Jim was extremely knowledgeable and presented a zero-pressure quote. Money very well spent.