Marble, Travertine and Limestone Countertop Care Guide
Daily Countertop Maintenance
1. Always wipe up water around sink and faucets after using.
2. Wipe down countertops with sponge to remove any loose food crumbs or oil if in the kitchen.
3. Spray countertops with Easy Oxy and buff dry with microfiber towel.
Monthly Countertop Maintenance
1. Clean countertop with Easy Oxy and microfiber towel.
2. Use MB-11 to touch up any light etching or hard water build up around faucets.
3. Only continue if you have a polished finish.
4. Spray countertop with Finito Ultimate Spray Polish. Buff dry with microfiber towel. This will give your countertops a silky smooth feel. Finito Ultimate Spray Polish also has some sealing properties to it; however it cannot replace the use of a sealer.
- Use mats under cutting boards to catch any liquid that may run off, use mats when serving food to catch drips or spills or when making drinks.
- Use trivets under hot pans and pots.
- Use a trivet or platform to store oils or perfume on countertop.
- Using a cutting board when preparing food or drinks
- Use coasters for drinks · Clean up spills right away. Always blot up any liquid then clean the area with Easy Oxy and a soft bristle brush and towel/rag.
- Citrus juices, wine, and many other household items are acidic and may etch and remove the shine on marble, travertine, limestone, or onyx countertops. For polished countertops you can try to remove the etch with MB-11 if the etch is light. Otherwise, the spot must be professionally refinished.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners to clean countertops.
- Avoid using the back side of a sponge. This can scratch the stone.
- Don’t put hot pans, skillets, or trays directly on the stone.
- Don’t use the stone as a cutting board.
- Avoid using acidic cleaners such as vinegar.
Read more about our Marble, Travertine, and Limestone Service
Don’t settle for less.
We stand behind our work. Our reputation demands it.
Have a question?
Our friendly floor and surface care experts are ready to discuss your needs and answer any questions you may have.
Call our support at (936) 856-8610 or send us a message.
TESTIMONIALS AND REVIEWS
Debbi M., Magnolia, TX
We just moved in and Beyond Clean Tile got our tile looking like we were moving into a new house. We added an additional service which involved replacing caulking in shower – again, making it look new. Jim was extremely knowledgeable and presented a zero-pressure quote. Money very well spent.